The Center for Hope and Healing, Inc. Online Chat
Welcome to The Center for Hope and Healing’s Web Chat Portal. We are glad you’re here.
Web Chat Availability
Effective March 16, 2020, our web chat services are available Monday thru Friday 12PM to 5PM until further notice.
For additional support, we encourage you to call our free and confidential 24hr hotline at 800-542-5212.
By clicking on “chat now,” you are agreeing to the terms.
What to Expect
The CHH web chat works like other instant messaging and online chat systems, but with enhanced security measures. You’ll enter a private chat with a trained CHH web-based advocate and chat live by typing messages back and forth. The service is completely anonymous and confidential—we will never ask you for any information that would identify who you are. You can feel free to share as much or as little as you like with us.
Survivor Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right to:
• Confidential support from a trained advocate
• Be believed and listened to
• Someone to help you talk through what happened
• Resources that can assist with your next steps toward healing and recovery
• Information about the laws and resources in your community
Your Privacy and Safety
Your privacy and safety are crucial. Please make sure you are in a safe place and that you are using a secure device and Internet connection. Please note that while we have taken numerous measures to keep your communications safe while using our site, no Internet transmission is 100% secure.
If you are in immediate danger, call 911.
Your safety is very important to us. We have taken numerous measures to keep your communication safe while using our site. However, be aware that no internet communication can be 100% secure. Please make sure you are using a safe computer or mobile device when you contact us.
If you suspect that someone is monitoring your technology:
• Change all of your passwords to email, bank accounts, and social media sites
• Try using a computer at the library, work, or borrowing one from a trusted friend or family member
We take your privacy and safety very seriously and will work to maintain as much confidentiality as is allowable by law. We want you to know that:
• Anything you share will remain confidential, unless you disclose abuse or neglect of a child, vulnerable adult, elder, or the intent to harm yourself or others.
• We will not record or store any identifying information about our contact with you
• You do not have to share any personal details with us unless you want to