A world free of sexual violence.
We envision a world where gender, race and other oppressions are erased: a world where women and girls are safe and valued. We envision a world where men and boys engage in healthy masculinity and where concepts of gender are inclusive and not necessarily binary.We work to place survivors lives and voice at the center of all we do in the movement, particularly the voices of SE Asian, Black, and Latinx survivors who have been most marginalized in our communities.CHH’s vision drives its goals to strengthen culturally-relevant advocacy, promote prevention and community engagement, and influence public policy and systems change.
What makes CHH unique is our culturally-specific work to eliminate sexual violence by:
- eliminating its use as a tool of oppression against those most marginalized
- increasing awareness about the extent and depth of the problem
- making culturally-and linguistically-specific issues visible
- strengthening community models of prevention and intervention
- identifying and expanding resources
- informing and promoting research and policy
- deepening understanding and analyses of the issues surrounding violence against women.
CHH STRATEGIC GOALS
Goal #1: Deliver multicultural and inclusive approaches to reach those who have historically have not been adequately served (i.e. limited English speakers, LGBQ/T folks, refugees and immigrants, children, youth, people with disabilities, etc)
Goal #2: Social justice organizing and advocacy reduce the impacts of oppression and concomitant risks to children/youth, young men of color, and LGBTQ youth.
Goal #3: Shifting from traditional strategy to progressive strategy
Goal #4: Increase organizational sustainability